Our church here in Salisbury was started in April 1995 with just four people meeting in a hired room in Salt Lane.
Exactly 5 years later we were able to move our meetings to our own building, just a few yards away on the corner of Endless Street. This became the home of the 'Endless Life' Cafe for the next 10 years, with our church meetings being held in the room above. .
In January 2006 our main meeting transferred to St. Osmund's School. This is situated in Carmelite Way on The Friary estate, where we have gradually become involved in the local community. We now run regular clubs there for children and young people.
Our church is part of a national group known as Assemblies of God - a fellowship of over 500 autonomous Pentecostal churches located throughout Great Britain.
Locally, we have close links with other evangelical churches who actively co-operate on a variety of joint activities, including prayer meetings, celebrations and outreach events.
The church was pioneered by the pastor Tony Wilson and his wife Ruth who continue to be our main leaders. Tony is responsible to a Church Council made up of senior leaders from other fellowships.
We have a very varied congregation. Some have been homeless or in prison, whilst others have been very successful business people. With lots of others in between!
Some of our people have other Christian ministry outside our church:
- Kathryn Day (known to us as Roz) has her own evangelistic ministry, conducting gospel and healing crusades around the world. Details at www.rkdayministries.org.uk
- John Holme is National Co-ordinator for Operation Great Britain, raising awareness of moral issues and engaging the Church to influence national policy.
- Glenda Pike is the Practice Manager at the Lightship Christian Counselling Service in Salisbury. Details at: www.lightshipcounselling.org
- Tony Ballinger has begun a ministry to explain scripture in simple terms. Look at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=toncor12
- Tony Wilson holds a number of positions on boards of reference or as a trustee for several churches and Christian ministries